Hello ISSST 2018 attendees! Here are the details for this year’s poster session.
1. Posters will be mounted on foam core poster boards that are 36″ x 48″ (3/16″ thick), which will be mounted on easels. We will provide supplies for mounting posters to the poster boards. Please note the size constraints when preparing your posters. You can use the boards in the vertical or horizontal orientation. All student’s posters being considered for the poster competition must be the size of the poster board or smaller (i.e., you may not bring a larger board and participate in the competition).
2. The ISSST Student Poster Competition includes cash prizes this year, thanks to our sponsor, Exxon Mobil. Any poster prepared by a student or students, and representing research done primarily by the student(s), is eligible for the competition (note that the co-authors may include non-students as well, but the students should be the ones who did the work). If you would like to participate in the competition, please edit your submission and check the box labeled “This contribution was solely written by students and/or doctoral candidates.”
3. The poster session has been afforded a great slot in the conference program as a plenary session: 5:30-7:30 pm on the first afternoon of the conference (Tuesday June 26th); immediately after the last parallel session of the day. Food and drinks will be served, which should help improve the turnout. We will try to insure that the room for the poster session is open by 4:00 to allow you adequate time to set up, but you will probably only need 5-10 minutes to set up if you have a conflict in the prior session.
4. Here are some useful websites that might help you with preparation of your
5. If you are traveling by plane with a poster, consider printing the poster on fabric — the results look great and the poster is more durable and easier to reuse and transport.
Student Poster Competition
Posters authored and presented by students, and representing the academic work of students primarily, are enrolled in the student poster competition. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three student posters.
Posters will be evaluated on three areas by several judges: content, visual appearance, and oral presentation. Content refers to the quality of the research presented on the poster. Visual appearance is the organization and layout of the content on the poster and the effectiveness of conveying the content. Oral presentation is the effectiveness of the presenter at verbally explaining the content on the poster; this requires the presenter to be standing next to the poster throughout the poster session. All three areas will be weighted equally. Judges will be selected from the conference technical committee and other experienced members of the ISSST community.
The poster session is from 5:30-7:30 PM on Tuesday, June 26. The late afternoon session ends at 5:30 PM and the poster session begins immediately after. In order to ensure that competitors can present their posters and still explore the session, we will plan to have the judges visit the posters between 5:45-6:30 PM. Please be nearby your poster during this window. Judges will not necessarily identify themselves!
For questions about the student poster competition, please use the contact form.