Now in its 21st year, the ISSST is the premier conference for research related to the sustainability of systems and technologies. The program covers the spectrum of issues for assessing and managing products and services across their life cycle, and the design, management, and policy implications of technologies and system configurations.
The theme of the ISSST 2014 is “Sustainability in Entrepreneurship”. Authors are invited to submit abstracts for presentations, posters, and papers describing research, applications, tools, and case studies. Plenary and invited speakers include Capt, Wayne Porter, of the Naval Post-graduate School,
ISSST has a long history of strong presentations from the thought leaders in sustainable science and engineering. Past plenary speakers have included:
- Brad Allenby, co-author of the leading textbook Industrial Ecology,
- Eric Beckman, founder of Cohera Medical and co-founder of the Mascaro Sustainability Institute
- Thomas P Seager, founding President of the Sustainability Conoscente Network.
Students are especially encouraged to attend and to participate in student paper and poster competitions with monetary awards, judged by leading academics and researchers. Conference costs are kept to the minimum possible to facilitate attendance.
- Urban Infrastructure & the Built Environment
- Energy, Water, Waste, & Critical Systems
- System Resilience, Redundancy, and Risk
- Rejuvenation & Sustainable Design
- Materials, Processes & Products for Green Technology
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Electronics, Computing & the Internet-of-Things
- Technologies for Sustainable Health Care
- Sustainable Technology & Human Behavior
- Managing Wastes & Recovering Resources
- Challenges & Solutions in Business & Industry
- Policy, Management & Regulation
- Decision Support for Sustainability
- Science-based Certifications & Product Declarations
- Life Cycle Assessment Studies & Advances
- Environmental Modeling: Resources, Pollution, Dynamics, & Impacts
- Education in Sustainability Science & Engineering
Contact ISSSTNetwork@gmail.com with further inquiries. or requests for special sessions.
Submit Abstracts online at www.softconf.com/f/issst2014/
Abstracts should be about 500 words and will be reviewed relative to four criteria:
1. Importance and relevance
2. Investigative methods
For full consideration, abstracts should be submitted by
15 December 2013 3 Jan 2014.
Late submission will be considered on a case-by-case basis.